Help us provide career advice to UNLV students and graduates. UNLV Career Services has worked with the UNLV Alumni Association to create the UNLV Professional Network Career Mentor database. We are seeking UNLV alumni willing to be mentors for UNLV students/alumni seeking information and advice on your career field or area of expertise.
The professional network system allows you to control the following features:
- Maximum number of students that can express interest
- Information you wish potential mentees to see
- Your preferred initial communication medium — e-mail, phone, or mail
- Activating or deactivating your mentor participation at any time.
To Sign Up
To register for just the professional network:
- Go to UNLV Career Mentor login
- Enter your email address, and then complete the registration form and activate your account. You will receive an e-mail with a UNLV CareerLink Password; your e-mail address will be your username. You can then log onto UNLV CareerLink.
- If you already are registered as an employer on UNLV CareerLink, log in and click the “account” link on the top navigation bar, then the “Professional Network” tab to complete the Mentor registration form and activate your account.
To Begin Mentoring
- You will receive an e-mail when a student/alumnus (“Mentee”) expresses interest through UNLV CareerLink.
- You can manage your mentee communications by logging onto UNLV CareerLink and clicking the “account” link on the top navigation bar, then the “Professional Network” tab.
To Find a Mentor
If you are an alumnus seeking a mentor or career advice, you can participate in the professional network as a “mentee” by registering for UNLV CareerLink and clicking the “networking” tab. As a UNLV Alumni Association member, simply use your member# (starts with 070) as both username and password to log in.
For more information or assistance contact Career Services at 702-895-3495.